Great Dixter

Great Dixter was more than I even thought it could be. A house that sits perfectly in its landscape or a garden that matches the scale and majesty of the house. In fact its both. 

I wasn't ready for its impact. The structured formally of its bones and its natural planting blow me away (such a cliche that phrase I know) Its confirmed an aspect of landscape design I really do want to be able to learn more able and replicate. 

From the sunken garden, the meadow full of overgrown topiary and the main herbaceous gardens so full of texture and colour. I wanted to explore the next bend, turn the next corner and venture down every ridiculously overgrown path. I didn't want it to end. 

If you haven't been please do. The pictures below really don't do it justice. 




































 

Comments

Popular Posts